Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Turning Point





Just when you're too
comfortable with the
road you are taking,
even if you have no plans of
going to other directions;
without any warnings,
life will throw you curves,
and you'll have to decide
which path to take...




I've been working for more than a year now as a science researcher here in UPLB, my first job ever. I must admit that I am very lucky to have a very good job. Aside from the fact that LB is my comfort zone, I enjoy every aspect of my job (especially the pleasures of traveling =). Though there are tough problems sometimes, there is nothing that I can't handle. Maybe because I'm in LB. When I'm here, I'm immune.

But for some unjustified (at least for me) reason, our office will transfer from LB to Cavite on January 2008...After more than 20 years of its stay in UPLB, they (well, those who have powers to do so) just decided to hand the office to another State University in Cavite.

Will I go to Cavite and stay in my beloved work (new environment, same job)? Or will I stay in LB, my comfort zone and get the job offer here (same environment, new people)? Or will I go somewhere else to look for a new job (new everything)? And I have only less than 2 weeks to decide. Gosh! Hay... bakit ba ganon? Minsan talaga kahit you have no plans of changing your career or whatsoever, may mga pangyayari na pagkakataon na ang gagawa ng paraan para mabago ang buhay mo.


...Dahil diyan, I will dedicate this song for myself. Hehe


Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)
Green Day

Another turning point;
a fork stuck in the road.
Time grabs you by the wrist;
directs you where to go.

So make the best of this test
and don't ask why.
It's not a question
but a lesson learned in time.

It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs
and still frames in your mind.
Hang it on a shelf
In good health and good time.

Tattoos of memories
and dead skin on trial.
For what it's worth,
it was worth all the while.

It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

No comments: